Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's almost that time of year again...

We work so hard! Can we get a stocking stuffer too?
Yes, it's hard to believe but the Holidays are right around the corner!
I have been buying things along the way for the soldiers I support in Iraq and Afghanistan. I can tell you that from my shopping and comparing prices the following stores are a great place to start, if you're interested in sending a soldier a package. If you can't send a care package, I encourage you to send a Christmas Card. It makes their day when they open ANYTHING from someone back home, especially from someone they don't even know!
I like Dollar Tree, or Dollar Store, for their hygiene products, such as: soap, hand sanitizer, shaving gel. If the soldier you pick requests hygiene products, than this is definitely a great place to save!
I love Target for their snack foods such as their granola bars, they have wonderful trail mix bags, etc.
If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they are wonderful in price for their nuts, and their dried fruit. Their coffee is very nicely priced too~!
My all time favorite place to shop for the soldiers is Costco! You will certainly make the most of your $$$ here! Yes things come in mass quantity, but it is so worth it!
Remember to send the packages out early, and only send no more than three packages at a time because it "jams" up the system of getting the packages there in a nice timely fashion.

One of the most important tips that I can give is to make sure you put your items in large zip locks(Dollar Tree has them)because just think of your package(as it goes to Iraq)basically getting tossed around like it were stomped by a herd of elephants.

My soldiers I support have told me my packages always arrive nicely--one thing I always do is definitely use a lot of tape! Please feel free to share where you find your "bargains" too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site! I like your pictures!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Lacey! You are the best Teacher & the funniest person I know:)))

Heather

Anonymous said...

Heyy nice page. When Lacey come?
I loveeeeee the colors on ur page!

peace and love
-Heather :]